Monday, 23 September 2013

Ride to Conquer Cancer update

Wow, 40% of the way there! Thanks heaps to everyone who has donated so far!

A big reminder; the fundraising dinner is this Saturday at the Flinders Rest Hotel in Warnertown. Please let me know if you can make it, so I can get the booking numbers right! Phone me on 0449 520 222 to reserve your seats!

I may have a spot on ABC local radio in the next few days; they have suggested a call in the breakfast spot to promote the event, and are going to discuss it this week!

Finally, I spent the weekend in Adelaide, and I had the entirety of Sunday free, so I set my self an ambitious goal; cycle to the highest and lowest point in Adelaide in one go. I didn't quite make it; I got to Mount Lofty, then down to Glenelg, but I didn't quite make it back home to make the whole trip count. (I stopped and had lunch first!)

You can see my rides on Strava, (Link here) or check out the picture below, showing my route. Just one quick note; the section from Belair to Crafers was the single hardest hill I have ever climbed. Upper Sturt Road is the devil.

Thanks for all your support, and keep it up! (www.tinyurl.com/RTCC-BarnabyGrant)

No comments:

Post a Comment